history symptom-making of the psyche
- event becomes an experience, moves from outer to inner, is made into soul, when it goes through a psychological process … Plato gave us main ones: dialectic, certain kinds of mania including love and ritual, and poetry, to which we can add sickness or pathologizing as the thanatological activity of the psyche. … by symptom-making we can turn an event into an experience
- Inner images and feelings (so-called soul stuff) are free for grabs, nightly at the oneiric fair, simply giveaways from the tunnel of love and the chamber of horrors unless they be put through the qualifying intelligence, the history-making of the psyche, sifted and weighed in the disciplined reflection of loving, of ritual, of dialectics, of an art – or of a psychological analysis with its therapeutic plot.
- continually internalizing and externalizing process
- the mistake of historical literalism
- Hillman Healing Fiction - One - Freud
linked mentions for "history symptom-making of the psyche":
'Operation Y': 3 offenders plot a heist. Heroism seen through emulation, brute force, control. Elsewhere, leaders choose 'guardian-architect' or humble 'scholar-gardener'. Surrendering to healing fiction I aim to design a better human experience embracing human empathy and creativity.