pain provisional mode of realisation
- The terrible truth that pain is a mode through which man may realise himself exercises a wonderful fascination over the world, it is rarely in the world’s history that its ideal has been one of joy and beauty … The evolution of man is slow. The injustice of men is great. It was necessary that pain should be put forward as a mode of self-realisation.
- Pain has reference to wrong, unhealthy, unjust surroundings, it is not the ultimate mode of perfection, merely provisional and a protest. When the wrong, and the disease, and the injustice are removed, it will have no further place, it will have done its great work.
- russia perfection by pain
- exaggerated altruistic virtues
- comments from tolstoy and blyth
- complex man in hamlet
- linger, thou art fair
linked mentions for "pain provisional mode of realisation":
the soul of man under socialism
Oscar Wilde exaggerated altruistic virtues original virtue through disobedience selfishness is to make claims upon others perfections charity and